ThingLink is a good tool for inviting students to closely examine images of any kinds (maps, visual culture, photos of objects, even photos of documents).
- Start at http://thinglink.com, and create an account.
- Land in your own dashboard, to review what you’ve created.
- To start annotating, click Create +, to upload a new image.
- Click to add a “tag,” which serves as an annotation. You may link to other media or add text. Save each tag.
- You may select many areas of your images to tag. Once you’re finished, be sure to Save Image.
- Once created, you may embed the image or share it on social media networks. Scrolling over the image, makes the annotations appear.