- Read some things about: Teaching and Learning
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Planned Obsolescence (Open Peer Review Version, 2009).
- Rick Anderson, “Scholarly-Communication Reform: Why is It So Hard to Talk About, and Where are All the Authors?” Scholarly Kitchen (May 16, 2016).
- Nicholas Bauch, Enchanting the Desert, Stanford University Press, 2016 (example of SUP’s first OA digital publishing project) http://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=25726
- Mason Publishing Group, Resources on Scholarly Communication and Copyright
- Read more: Scholarly Communications
Morning (9:00am to 12:00pm)
(bring 10-15 images or audio/video to work with today)
- Discussion: Telling Stories Why Digital Storytelling?
- Digital Methods: Craft of Digital Storytelling
- 10:30 Break (15 minutes)
- Hands-on: Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
Lunch (12:00 to 1:00pm)
Afternoon (1:00pm to 4:00pm)
- Digital Methods: Scholarly Communications Resources at Mason
- Jeri’s Slides
- 2:15 Break (15 minutes)
- Hands-on: Project work
- Discussion: Teaching Applications
Where do I go next? Learning and Training Opportunities
Please complete the final survey.